Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning Australia provides education for health professionals and information for individuals/family/carers. It also provides links to resources and forms.
In August 2022, the WA Department of Health launched their new guides to Advance Care Planning in Western Australia. These resources include guides, formal documents, videos and translated resources. There are specific resources for health professionals and for consumers:
- For health professionals
- For consumers
For queries and to order free advance care planning resources:
- Phone 9222 2300
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health care workers can also telephone Advance Care Planning Australia with their advance care planning questions, 9am – 5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday on 1300 208 582
- Palliative Care WA is WA’s peak body for palliative care.
- End of Life Directions for Aged Care (ELDAC)provides information, guidance, and resources to health professionals and aged care workers to support palliative care and advance care planning to improve the care of older Australians.
- Caresearch provides research based information about palliative care for patients, carers and families as well as for the health professionals providing their care.
- palliAGED provides palliative care evidence and practice resources for aged care.
- Compassionate Communities and end of life care
- Compassionate communities: end-of-life care as everyone’s responsibility
- Palliative Care the new essentials
- Reducing emergency hospital admissions: a population health complex intervention of an enhanced model of primary care and compassionate communities
- “We are all in this together”: Building capacity for a community-centred approach to caring, dying and grieving in Australia
- The Compassionate Communities Connectors model for end-of-life care: a community and health service partnership in Western Australia