Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning Australia provides education for health professionals and information for individuals/family/carers. It also provides links to resources and forms.
In August 2022, the WA Department of Health launched their new guides to Advance Care Planning in Western Australia. These resources include guides, formal documents, videos and translated resources. There are specific resources for health professionals and for consumers:
- For health professionals
- For consumers
For queries and to order free advance care planning resources:
- Phone 9222 2300
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The WA Public Advocate provides information and forms for Enduring Power of Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney. They also provide help with Wills along with the Citizen Advice Bureau.
Health care workers can also telephone Advance Care Planning Australia with their advance care planning questions, 9am – 5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday on 1300 208 582
- Palliative Care WA is WA’s peak body for palliative care.
- End of Life Directions for Aged Care (ELDAC)provides information, guidance, and resources to health professionals and aged care workers to support palliative care and advance care planning to improve the care of older Australians.
- Caresearch provides research based information about palliative care for patients, carers and families as well as for the health professionals providing their care.
- palliAGED provides palliative care evidence and practice resources for aged care.
Published research articles can be found here.